Monday, June 15th
We’re huge fans of Ciro and Stef Biondi. They are smart, generous, and full of life. Their wines are too. While their vineyards have been producing wine for centuries on Mt. Etna, Ciro hit the restart button less than two decades ago, trying to make a great wine, taking full advantage of the extraordinary gifts of Mt. Etna — its young volcanic soil, its altitude high above the sea, and warm days.
We’re pleased to introduce you to them. Ciro and Stef will be in the Oliveto dining room, pouring their wines (some older vintages too) this coming Monday, and Chef Jonah will be offering some appropriate dishes to go with these wines:
- Fritto of house made ricotta-stuffed squash blossoms
- Crudo of swordfish with oregano, currants, pine nuts, and lemon
- Rigatoni alla trapanese
- Spaghetti with fresh anchovies, saffron, pine nuts, and raisins
- Charcoal-grilled pork porterhouse with eggplant, artichoke, and salmoriglio
There are also a few places still available in the 6:15 to 7 PM tasting that Ciro will offering in our private dining room.
- 2014 Biondi ‘Outis’ Etna Bianco
- 2013 Biondi ‘Outis’ Etna Rosso
- 2011 ‘Cisterna Fuori’
- 2008 Biondi ‘Outis’ Etna Rosso
- 2007 Biondi ‘Monte Ilice’ Etna Rosso
The tasting is $40. Register here.
After the tasting, stay for dinner.